Requirements: User must be able to...
- ... create a new layered geographic map or load a list of existing ones
- ... create new layers (Markers/Points-of-interests, Google, OpenStreetMap, OGC WMS, GML, KML, ...)
- ... re-order the layers of a selected map
- ... edit layers, add new Points-of-interests (POIs) to a Markers layer and/or geocode them
- ... show a preview of the map
Modeling our business domain
The full ecore meta model is available in the Geoff git repository. To simplify the UI development, we will use the generated edit code of the model as well.
Defining the E4 application model
Providing the contents of the parts in XWT
- E4's powerful DI engine and application model
- EMF for rapid business domain modelling and code generation
- strict separation of UI and business logic using XWT (no single SWT widget was instantiated in this application in Java code, all done in XML)
- loosely coupled UIs that can communicate with each other via the IEclipseContext hierarchy